Monday, June 15, 2009

Project Three: Site and Design development

Here are some of my design considerations early in the process. I was thinking alot about the Sydney 2030 scheme, which wishes to maintain "the areas distinctive authentic, quirky and historic character and support the local arts, creative and live music scenes.

Therefore my artist needs to be slightly quirky, responding to the locality and the sense of being 'alive' or working.

Here I am pondering about the way in which the building could respond to the street. I create my ideas through a mix of theoretical and drawings.
I was thinking that maybe that the building could be like a skating rink for aspiring youths.
or
A 'sidewalk' for young artists to express themselves
or
an alley
or
SOMETHING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment